I Believe In

You know I found a fun interview with Audrey Hepburn the other day and as I was reading through it I came across this quote from her:

” I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”

It got me thinking of the simple things that bring us joy.  So, just for fun, I decided to compile my own Audrey-type  list.  What is on yours?

THINGS I BELIEVE IN:

Fairies
Laughing so hard that you pee your pants
Pink hair
Santa Clause and the magic of Christmas
Dancing without insecurity or careOn a swing
That swinging can erase all of life’s troubles
That all people are inherently good, decent and kind
That every day brings a new opportunity for joy
That there is magic in even the smallest things
That love is the answer to everything

10 Responses to "I Believe In"

1. Jennilea
    Jennilea 1616 days ago .

Jennie —

We must come from the same block of faith. Except for the swinging part, that makes me dizzy. But I’ll push?

The toothfairy visited our house recently and had something to say to my 8 yr old about believing in things. I think you might like it. Check it out.

2. Adrienzgirl
    Adrienzgirl 1616 days ago .

Awww….Jen I love your list! LOVE IT! Ms. Hepburn’s was pretty good too!
    .-= Adrienzgirl´s last blog ..Friday’s Follies and Fun Facts: Howl at the Moon and Drink Up Bitches! =-.

3. DiPaola Momma
    DiPaola Momma 1616 days ago .

You know things about you have always reminded me of Audry. You are the Holly Golightly to my Funny Face!
    .-= DiPaola Momma´s last blog ..Fit Pitchin’ Friday: The "R" rated Nuggets =-.

Okay. Now you are my favorite person EVER! What a nice thing to say. But really, it is all smoke and mirrors. ;)

/A – I would love to see YOUR list. That would be highly entertaining!

I loved that post! Checked it out last night. So happy to have found you!

7. Heather of the EO
    Heather of the EO 1615 days ago .

Your list made me feel all happy. One of my absolute favorite things to do is to swing with one of my boys on my lap. (the small offspring kind, not the grown man kind) :)
    .-= Heather of the EO´s last blog ..DIP =-.

8. @marymac
    @marymac 1615 days ago .

Is there a special kind of toilet paper that doesn’t damage the butterflies when you shit them out? (Wait, crapsters, your dad doesn’t read your comments section, does he?!)
    Thanks for your upcoming guest post this Tuesday at Pajamas and Coffee- I know your readers will love seeing ‘the other side of JennieG’!
    Now hold down the internet fort while I’m at Disney, ok butterfly lady?!
    ;) love ya!
    .-= @marymac´s last blog ..Cool Peeps and Purses =-.

9. Eve Lester
    Eve Lester 1613 days ago .

Hi just got linked over here from your guest post at Pajamas and Coffee! I love Audrey (hence the bog title etc.) and this is absaloutly one of my favourite quotes of hers.

Hope you don’t mind a new follower. :)
    .-= Eve Lester´s last blog ..crisis =-.

So glad we got to meet! Audrey rocks – I totally agree!