Momz Share DC Metro Launch Party

On Saturday night Lara Dipaola and I had the privilege of launching Momz Share and playing host to 45 amazing DC Metro area bloggers!

In case you are not familiar with Momz Share:  The concept  is to simply provide a real life opportunities for moms who have a passion for blogging to connect, build relationships, learn, share information and form strong personal networks.  The events are held quarterly and hosted by a different, fabulous D.C. Metro Region blogger.  It is one part girl’s night out and one part networking.

Okay, official speak over. If you wanna read more, click here. It is now time to gush!

I don’t even know where to begin except to say that we had the most fabulous, interesting and diverse group of women.  I was humbled and in awe of every single one of them BEFORE they even got there. And to have them all assembled under one roof was truly an honor.  I am putting a linky on the bottom of this post because I think that while we were the hosts, THEY will tell the real story!

If you would like to see some photos from the event (Because, as we all know, a picture is worth a thousand words and I don’t have enough space on this blog for that.) —->We have a Flickr group here. More pictures will be added by the attending bloggers in the future so check back! (Why am I wearing a tiara, you ask? Lara provided it and well, the Tarara wine was so yummy that I felt a little “uninhibited.” Enough said.)

And permit me, if you will, to acknowledge the wonderful companies who came on board and donated services to help our vision come to fruition.  This would still be in concept stage if they hadn’t offered their services!

107 Designs –Michael Guill designed the Momz Share logo and buttons! He is an amazing talent and wonderful friend.  Give him some love on Twitter  @107Designs or check out his totally cool website here.

Sisarina – Lara and I met with Melanie Spring in Bethesda one day and she totally got the concept. Not only that, she jumped on board!  Her company Sisarina designed the Momz Share banner and soon to be collateral material, not to mention…. OUR NEW WEBSITE! (Under construction. More to come!) Wow, right? Tweet her up @sisarina  or check out her business online!

Tarara Winery – I can’t even tell you how overwhelmed we were with their generosity!  They jumped in with both feet and poured wine for our guests all night and even sent each lady home with their own vino.  Thank you to Jordan and Kerri for supporting Momz Share!  Give them some love @tararawinery and on the web.

And there is no way that I can forget Laura of Better in Bulk and Amanda of Then Again Photography for coming in and saving the day with their photography genius. Ladies, you are wonderful! (But I kinda already knew that!)

Special thanks also go out to the Maryland Ensemble Theatre and Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center for loaning us gorgeous linens for the soiree!

EXTRAVAGANTLY AWESOME DRAWING PRIZES WERE PROVIDED BY: e.l.f. Cosmetics, Soge Shirts, Jasmere.com, Thien Kim – Passion Parties, La Papillion Spa, Port Discovery, Lisa Helfert Photography, 107 Designs (Additional information on there contributions can be found here.)

TAKE HOME GIFTS FOR THE LADIES WERE DONATED BY: Tarara Winery , La Papillion Spa, Seed Body Care, e.l.f. Cosmetics, Jasmere, MET – The Fun Company (Additional information on there contributions can be found here.)

The next Momz Share event will be held on May 22nd and will be hosted by Jessica of A Parent in Silver Spring! We will require another round of registrations which will begin this Friday on this website.  Look for details on the event and the topic from @mammamania, @dipaolamomma and @jessicaAPISS via Twitter soon!  And BTW – the next event better not end in a trip to the ER. But that is another blog post entirely, isn’t it?

15 Responses to "Momz Share DC Metro Launch Party"

1. Lolli
    Lolli 1632 days ago .

Jen, Seriously FUN event! Thanks for all of the work you did to put this together. Can’t wait for round #2!
    .-= Lolli´s last blog ..Momz Share DC Metro Bloggers Girls Night Out =-.

2. nic @mybottlesup
    nic @mybottlesup 1632 days ago .

AAAAHHHH!!!!! of course you posted a pic of the anxiety-driven weirdo. :) ~ going to work on tarara write up for “bottle of the week” and then i’ll post my linky…. but dangit, i can’t believe you posted that pic!!!
    .-= nic @mybottlesup´s last blog ..i quit my sorority and i don’t do clubs =-.

3. Jessica A Parent in Silver Spring

I had the BEST night ever, thanks to your hard work Jennifer and Lara! You put together a fabulous night of the best kind of networking. Still smiling.
    .-= Jessica A Parent in Silver Spring´s last blog ..Rainy Weekend Pick: The New Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley at Adventure Theatre =-.

4. Amie aka MammaLoves
    Amie aka MammaLoves 1632 days ago .

So sorry to miss the inaugural event. Won’t miss the next one.

Jessica – thank you so much! I am thrilled to hear you say that! Can’t wait for May….

I posted that picture because you look truly happy and beautiful. So there.

I just can’t thank you enough for the beautiful pictures! I am so blessed to have met you!

Next one is May 22nd!

9. Sunday Stilwell
    Sunday Stilwell 1632 days ago .

I had the best time at MomzShare! I really didn’t want to leave. In fact, if I hadn’t I might have been able to cleanup that broken glass before Laura went and stepped on it.

Oh well, something to remember for next time!

10. Justice Fergie
    Justice Fergie 1632 days ago .

Great recap. I had THE BEST time on Saturday!! I kept telling Twitter friends that there was just something about the vibe that was so warm and inviting. Oh and the food. Already looking forward to the next one.

11. marymac
    marymac 1631 days ago .

BEST. BLOGGY. TIME. EVERRRRR!
    Love you, love Momzshare- think you need to go monthly! I’m in for Tiki Bar Pool Party in July!!
    .-= marymac´s last blog ..Did I Just Kill The Creepy Dead Baby? =-.

12. Megan (acorndreaming)
    Megan (acorndreaming) 1631 days ago .

I told you I was nervous about attending, but I’m really glad I did. I had a great time, met great bloggers and have a bunch of new blogs to read.

@nic She had to post our pictures because we were the two “nervous” ones. She had to prove everyone had a great time.

Thanks for hosting, Jennie

You are so welcome! I had no idea you were that nervous. Fooled me!

Yay! Maybe we will get a chance to talk more!

15. Susan (WhyMommy)
    Susan (WhyMommy) 1631 days ago .

What a great party! Thanks so much for hosting and organizing!

Susan
    .-= Susan (WhyMommy)´s last blog ..After the oncologist… =-.