Shortcut FAIL: That Was Not EXACTLY What I Intended To Do

Being a working parent is hard. Most of the time I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants just praying that it all works out.  There are rare moments when I am on top of things – bills paid, dishes washed, permission slips handed in, client work caught up, dinner on the table.  It is in those moments where I feel like I am a superhero.  I’m all bringin’ home the bacon and fryin’ it up in a pan.

And then there are the normal days…

Case in point:  We’re out of food.  I worked the entire weekend and didn’t get a chance to go grocery shopping. So I had exactly ZERO to choose from in terms of making the kiddos lunches today.  No bread. No lunchmeat. No juice box.  I didn’t even have any cash to send them to school with to buy their lunches.

SOOOOO…. I had the brilliant idea of  “saving money” and running them into the grocery store before school started to pick up some Lunchables.  Since we were running at a manic pace I told the boys to pick it out at meet me at the counter.

NEVER. DOING. THAT. AGAIN.

$15 later we have their lunches and are on our way to school.  Yeah. Kinda didn’t “save any money.”  I should have scraped up four dollars worth of change instead.

WHY THE HECK ARE CONVENIENT THINGS SO EXPENSIVE, ANYWAY?

I’ll tell you why.  It is because of people like me.  The non-planner-aheaders.  The too-busy-forgot-to-shoppers.

That was one shortcut FAIL.

8 Responses to "Shortcut FAIL: That Was Not EXACTLY What I Intended To Do"

1. Michelle
    Michelle 5 years ago .

Oh I’m THAT mom often. We’re constantly running into the grocery store in the morning and wasting our $$ on lunchables! Those damn things are SO expensive!
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..♥Monday Minute – Sex Edition =-.

JennieG 5 years ago .

I KNOW! So unfair to us crazy hectic moms.

3. Gadgerson
    Gadgerson 5 years ago .

Just stopping by to let you know I have given you an award. Stop by my blog sometime to claim it. Have a great weekend!! :)
    .-= Gadgerson´s last blog ..You are my sunshine my only sunshine… =-.

4. Andrea
    Andrea 5 years ago .

SO true! They ARE expensive. And I am right there with you!
    .-= Andrea´s last blog ..Good Morning Little Robin =-.

5. lifeinapinkfibro
    lifeinapinkfibro 5 years ago .

School lunches are horrible. You’re either prepared and they’re boring, or unprepared, and they’re expensive. No win.
    .-= lifeinapinkfibro´s last blog ..What did you talk about this week? =-.

6. Megan (acorndreaming)
    Megan (acorndreaming) 5 years ago .

Believe me, you are not alone in that situation. I’ve had many Mondays when I didn’t get to the store over the weekend and I’ve said things like “OK, who wants the left over piece of pizza from last Wednesday night and who wants the string cheese and broken pretzel pieces for lunch today?”

Which reminds me, I have to go to the store tomorrow . . . crap . . .
    .-= Megan (acorndreaming)´s last blog ..You can Win English! (my students are getting to me) =-.

7. Amy
    Amy 5 years ago .

.-= lifeinapinkfibro´s last blog ..What did you talk about this week? =-.

8. dental hygienist
    dental hygienist 5 years ago .

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!