Investment In Family: A Faith Filled Reminder

As much as I may hate to admit it (LOL!) my husband is right about a lot of things.  Most importantly he is right in his stubborn  refusal to loose sight of the family as center of our lives.  Sometimes it frustraits me, I will admit it.  But I can’t argue it.  FAMILY FIRST.

Ever have one of those messages that seem to swirl about your life?  Issues that keep coming up?  Messages that assault you in conversation?  Phrases that stare up at you from magazines and shout at you from the television set?

I believe that it is the universe (God) trying to tell you something.

If you know me, you know that I am a pretty faith filled person.  That doesn’t mean that I am perfect.  Oh no.  Absolutely not.  But I do try to be obedient and to love and care for others.

I find that when I take some time in the morning to center myself and pray, my day goes by so much better. It is truly magical.  At any rate, it was during this “quiet time” this morning that I discovered this passage in my Busy Mom’s Bible:

“One thing that’s certain about life is that it’s uncertain. We aren’t promised a tomorrow. That’s why it’s crucial that we spend our time investing in what really matters today.  We must constantly remind ourselves of what is eternal and what is just temporary. Time clocks must be punched and laundry must be done, but people are far more important than running a business or having the perfect house.

Remind yourself to invest in your family.  Eliminate a commitment or two that takes you unnecessarily from your family.  Finally, set aside and protect family time. Quality time with your family has to be planned; it won’t just happen.”

Isn’t that powerful?  My husband has always been a fervent protector of family time.  I’ve been getting a little off track with that lately and I am so grateful that I have been paying attention to those “little messages” that have been swirling about my life.

Has anything been hitting you lately?  Have you had a moment to stop and notice?  What is the universe telling you?

15 Responses to "Investment In Family: A Faith Filled Reminder"

1. WhyMommy (Susan)
    WhyMommy (Susan) 1435 days ago .

You bet! I get distracted by my to-do list all the time, and laundry is at the top of it.

Thanks for the reminder that NONE of us are promised a tomorrow! Odd as it may seem, that encourages me!
    .-= WhyMommy (Susan)´s last blog ..Like a dad in a drugstore: an analogy for molecular profiling =-.

I am convince that LAUNDRY is the root of all evil. IMHO.

3. Sarah
    Sarah 1435 days ago .

We live in the country so family time almost constant. Two things that I keep noticing is that this is my life too and that we need to move sooner rather than later. I spend a lot of time putting every one else first and none for myself. Also 3 kids in a trailer is like having an over sized clown car.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Time Marches On =-.

4. lifeinapinkfibro
    lifeinapinkfibro 1435 days ago .

The only thing that’s hit me lately was another car. Which made me realise that so much of what we worry about is unimportant. I”m fine, my son is fine, that’s all that matters. :-)
    .-= lifeinapinkfibro´s last blog ..Searching for Truly Comprehensive Insurance =-.

5. Sue
    Sue 1435 days ago .

It’s funny that it’s this world of mommy bloggers that has reminded me about that “job” that I take for granted. I think the universe led me to you, Awesome Mommy Blogger Jenn, which has magically inspired me to pay more attention to the details of my family’s life. So grateful for the good karma, feng shui, divine intervention, and/or plain luck that I’m now being shown how to shine the light on those in my life who mean the most. Big hug.

6. Shannon
    Shannon 1435 days ago .

I needed to be reminded of this today. Thank you!

7. Joanne @ Barely Domestic Mama

This is oh so true. Just a little while back I got so busy trying to do a little bit of everything that I was overwhelmed with life in general and forgetting to enjoy it. I think being a mom requires us to juggle so many things anyways that you just get used to it…until you realize that you may be taking on too much to enjoy your family and life.
    .-= Joanne @ Barely Domestic Mama´s last blog ..Pardon the quiet while I clean up around here… =-.

8. [...] A friend’s blog reminded me that family should come first and sometimes we need to let go of certain commitments to [...]

9. DiPaola Momma
    DiPaola Momma 1434 days ago .

Signs.. signs.. everywhere there’s signs.
    .-= DiPaola Momma´s last blog ..Splish Splash =-.

10. cara mamma
    cara mamma 1433 days ago .

Just found your blog- and this particular post finds me at a time where everything seems to be hitting me. I just need to actually start listening. My daughter’s first tooth coming out, the fact that I was not holding my hubby’s hand anymore when we sat together on the couch…everything and anything!
    Am now following you and hope to be able to join in for the fall momz share.

Wow. Small space= less time for you. I can’t imagine!

Oh my gosh! So glad you are okay! But it does make you think doesn’t it?

I “heart” you! So happy that we have met. Truly!!!

I don’t know about you but I get so busy “taking care of things” that I don’t take time to “enjoy things.”

Cara – I would LOVE to meet you! Truly! And I can totally relate to the not holding hubby’s hand comment. Ouch!