And God answered…

I was in a pretty dark place this morning. Overwhelmed by responsibilities. Challenged by my circumstances. Not knowing where to turn or how to even begin.

Over-freaking-whelmed.  Which has been happening a lot lately.

So I prayed.

I prayed for help. I prayed for wisdom. I prayed for the light at the end of the tunnel. And then I listened.  Not a half of an hour later I came across this quote and I knew in my soul that it was His answer:

“We can not change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” – Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture.

HOW WE PLAY THE HAND.  Talk about an epiphany.  In that moment I found clarity.  Sometimes I forget that I CHOOSE how to react to circumstances that are beyond my control. I can let it consume and overwhelm me or I can embrace the lessons I am learning and react in the most positive way possible.

I don’t know about you but I really needed that reminder.

Thank you God for answering and reminding me that I can tackle the world.

Enhanced by Zemanta

12 Responses to "And God answered…"

1. Bill
    Bill 1492 days ago .

always look forward to your posts, thanks for this one this morning.

2. Jessica
    Jessica 1492 days ago .

Very inspiring! Thank you (I needed this today)!
    Jessica recently posted..Crib to Bed TransitionMy Profile

3. Alexandra
    Alexandra 1492 days ago .

Hi. I came over here today, b/c I’ve spent the last half hour going over your old posts. I get them in my reader, and began in April, and am still marveling at your gift.
    You really have a gift.

You really should see about collecting all these fantastic posts into an essay compilation.

Seriously. And I follow 250 blogs.

Just had to tell you this. I shouldn’t keep these thoughts to myself.

Anyway, you don’t know how good these are. Go back to Feb, March, really study the one on the Fashion Show you wroe up, or when you meet famous people.

You are just so very good.
    Alexandra recently posted..Lifetime Movie Network Originals Present- Celine!!!My Profile

4. gigi
    gigi 1492 days ago .

I love how God answers us in unique and different ways, if only we keep our eyes, ears and hearts open.
    gigi recently posted..My Blogging Arch-NemesisMy Profile

You just made me cry. What a touching thing to say. Thank you so much for saying it. Nobody ever does that….

That is so very, very true. It is amazing.

Aww, thanks Jessica! You are always so sweet to me!

Bill – You are a doll. Thanks for the comment. And the smile!

9. Sunday
    Sunday 1492 days ago .

I love those divine appointments God is faithful to give us if we only slow down and ask Him for His help.

This same thing has happened to me so many times and each time it makes me smile in thanksgiving.

10. Madelyn
    Madelyn 1492 days ago .

This is so very true. A lot of times we do forget that it is all in how we react. Many times, it is the only part of the equation we can control.

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Madelyn recently posted..Circo Fabric Drawers- Animal Fabric Bins for Cube StorageMy Profile

11. marymac
    marymac 1492 days ago .

needed that today- so thank you!
    xo
    marymac recently posted..Untitled by NicMy Profile

12. Andi
    Andi 1492 days ago .

I’m so happy that you feel better…being in a dark place is NEVER fun!
    Andi recently posted..29 Things To Do Before I Turn 29My Profile