JOIN ME IN FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA FOR A “TWEET DREAMS” EVENT!
Q. What is ONE THING every parent is lacking in?
A. Excessive Whining
B. Dirty Laundry
I dont know about you, but the last time I got a good nights sleep was prior to my son being born in 1999. That is almost 12 years of restless nights and insufficient relaxation. Have little ones? Then you know what I am saying is true!
Which is exactly why I am so excited about what I will be doing on Saturday in Fairfax, Virginia! (Pssst . Local folks pay close attention there is something in this for you.)
On Saturday (after running 1/2 marathon in the morning – I kid you not) I will be at the Fair Oaks Mall Sleep Number store helping them unveil their new Sleep Number i10 bed. Now, this isnt just any ole unveiling because, really, how is THAT fun?
Instead Sleep Number and I are going to give YOU a chance to win Sleep Number products in a series of super-simple challenges. Not only that, but “my” store in the Fair Oaks Mall will be competing with another bloggers (my wonderful pal Lara DiPaola) store in Bethesda, MD to benefit charity! (I love a little competition, dont YOU?)
And because I really want to GIVE AWAY PRIZES, Im revealing the days challenges here so you can be prepared ahead of time!
WIN BIG PRIZES!
- Challenge 1: Individual Fit Competition. After we are fitted for our own personalized Sleep Number settings, its your turn. Stop into the either the Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda or the Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax (mine!) and get fitted for your personalized Sleep Number setting right in the store. Each store will be competing to see which can fit the most folks during the course of the day on Saturday. Sleep Number will donate $500 of free bedding to a local charity on behalf of the first store/blogger that wins the challenge. For this event, the Fair Oaks Mall store supports the Fisher House of Bethesda/Rockville. Time: 11 a.m. 7 p.m.
- Challenge 2: Best Books Before Bed. Reading is a great pre-bedtime ritual to help you unwind from the day. Well be discussing our favorite books to read before bed on Twitter! The first 10 people to come into the stores and reveal their favorite books win a free Sleep Number pillow gift certificate (valued up to $49.99). Time: 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
- Challenge 3: Guess my Sleep Number ® setting. After we are fitted for our Sleep Numbers, you need to try and see if you can figure out what it is. One winner will be selected from all the correct guesses and will be mailed a gift certificate for a free Queen or King Sleep Number Lyocell sheet and pillowcase set (valued at $269.98-$314.98). Time: 2:00-2:30 p.m. ET
- Challenge 4: Scavenger Hunt. For this challenge, we will post a list of 10 items for Twitter followers to bring into each store. Lara and I will compete to see whose followers can bring these 10 items into each store first. (Spilling the beans: book, scented candle, a pair of slippers, a bouquet of flowers, a blanket, a teddy bear, ear plugs, a housecoat, a sleeping mask and an alarm clock. ) The first 10 followers who bring items into the store win two standard size Sleep Number True Silver pillow protectors. Time: 3:00 -7:00 p.m. ET
- Challenge 5: Fun Furry Fashion Show. This one is for the kiddies! Kids can participate by bringing in their favorite stuffed animal. And just for fun, all will get a chance to take professional photos! Well be sure to post them to Facebook and Twitter so all can see! Time: 4-5 p.m. ET
- Challenge 6: Just Like Mom. This is a great Mothers Day gift idea! Win temperature-balancing Sleep Number In-Balance Pajamas ($100 value) by participating in an in-store pajama party (you have to be wearing your PJs to win!). The first five people to come to each store in their PJs will receive a gift certificate for these incredible pajamas, so be sure to get to the store right at 5 p.m. to participate. Theres also an online chance to win: Post a photo of mom/family in their PJs on the Sleep Number Facebook page and one lucky photo will be randomly selected to win mom some Sleep Number In-Balance Pajamas. Time: 5-6 p.m. ET
So if you are in the Washington, D.C. metro area, stop by MY Fairfax store and participate in these challenges! There will be an official Tweet Dreams Photo Booth ready to snag some great pics you can share on your Facebook, Twitter or blog pages. (Who doesn’t love a good photo booth?)
If youre not in the Washington, D.C. area, no worriesyou can still participate. Just follow Lara at @dipaolamomma or me at @jennifergerlock and follow the #sleepnumber hash tag to participate and for chances to win. Please also follow @SleepNumberSara who will be sharing news throughout the day, and Like Sleep Number on Facebook.
Hope to see youeither virtually or in-personthis Saturday!
Disclosure: Sleep Number has compensated me for my time, this post and participation in this event. That said, all opinions stated are my own.