I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to my newest online obsession: PINTEREST
Heard of it yet?
I have to admit that at first I didn’t quite “get it.” Now, however, I am a junkie. (As in, spending all of my free time oohing and aahing over what others curate.)
In case you are unfamiliar with the application, let me explain: Pinterest simply allows you to create virtual pinboards of your favorite images, share them with your followers, and discover amazing new things along the way.
A Dozen Ways That I Use Pinterest (And you can too!)
- Idea gathering: For future use in event planning, entertaining and the like
- DIY creativity: There are some might creative people on the Internet. I pin their projects to attempt later.
- Inspiration: Quotes, photographs, places and spaces. I love collecting them!
- Home decor ideas
- Fashion & style finds
- Office: Design and organization ideas for the office.
- Incredibly cool and unique products that I don’t want to forget about.
- Humor: Recording hilarity on the web.
- Foodie fun: A collection of recipes and food ideas.
- Styleboards: For later use when helping clients create website and graphic design materials
- Vision boards: A collection of items serving as my online vision board
- Collaboration: To compile and collaborate with others on projects
A tip: Once you get started, the easiest way to pin items is to install their “Pin It” bookmark. From that point, anytime you find an image you like, just “Pin It” and you will be given options to pin any of the pictures on that page to your Pinterest boards. So simple!
I do think that Pinterest is a great way for blogs, Etsy shops and unique products to be discovered. If you are thinking of this as a traffic generator for your own content, some advice – The best way to get traffic from Pinterest is to post attention grabbing photos to your own website that will get attention from readers and encourage them to “pin you.” In other words… create the content and it will naturally get shared.
Find me on Pinterest: My boards
Have you tried Pinterest? What do you think of it? How do you use it? (If you are on Pinterest… leave me your url and I’ll follow your boards.)