“The bed is a bundle of paradoxes: we go to it with reluctance, yet we quit it with regret; we make up our minds every night to leave it early, but we make up our bodies every morning to keep it late.” – Charles Caleb Colton
If you’ve been around my blog a time or two you know that back in May I participated in a Tweet Dreams event for Sleep Number/Select Comfort with my friend Lara of Chicken Nuggets of Wisdom. As part of that promotion I was given the opportunity to own the new i10 Sleep Number bed. (Yes, I am still pinching myself over their generosity and my good fortune.)
My husband and I purchased our first bed together 16 years ago. You think it was time for an upgrade?
So when the Sleep Number bed arrived two weeks ago it was quite the occasion in our household. And let me just say… I don’t think that I have been so impressed by furniture delivery since well, ever. The bed comes in a number of pieces and these guys are clearly trained professionals. The bed was completely assembled and fabulous in 30 minutes flat. (Plus they were so nice and polite that I wanted to bake them cookies or something. And I don’t even bake… )
As for the quality of our sleep since that day? WOW. I can only describe the difference by saying that it was like we were upgraded from a cheap roadside motel to the Waldorf Astoria.
- Dialing your own comfort, obviously. (Ironically, the husband and I are both a 30.)
- Tremendously comfortable and so incredibly easy to fall asleep on. (A little TOO easy to fall asleep on. No reading yourself to sleep required.)
- Once you find your perfect number you never wake up stiff or sore. (Quite magical, actually. I’m sure there is a technical explanation for this but I prefer to attribute it to magic.)
- Temperature balancing technology. (This is a biggie in my house. I’m always cold. Hubby is always hot. Never failed to cause a middle-of-the-night comforter fight.)
- Completely and totally customizable to your individual body and preferences. (Right down to the dual foam. My husband’s side was set up different then mine. I prefer the memory foam closest to my body.)
- BONUS: I seized the opportunity to begin a remodel of my bedroom. Muwhahahaha….
Cons for the i10
- It is so super comfortable that my children are continuously clamoring to sleep in it. (Seriously, I love them but… I CAN’T GET THEM OUT OF MY BED.)
- If you are not a big fan of remote controls then adding two more might not suit your fancy. I did hear that they might have an app in the works though. Holla!
- Sorry folks, I tried to come up with another con but I can’t.
(I have to say that our Sleep Number professional Elaine in the Frederick, MD store was fabulous. She was witty and fun and uber on-top-of follow up. I even purchased a couple more items from the store per her suggestion.)