Back in May I put together a list of 40 things that I want to do prior to hitting the big 4-0. At that time I promised myself that I would check in every couple of weeks on the blog in order to keep myself accountable.
So here is the progress….
- Finish decorating my bedroom.
- Complete the picture mural in the living room.
- Begin writing a book.
Bring back the pink hair or get a nose piercing.
- Learn how to skateboard.
- Have my first girlfriend’s weekend away.
Visit the beach.
- Buy an expensive night cream.
- Buy a new (read: slinky) dress to wear to a fancy function.
- Get an extravagant pedicure.
- Adopt a mantra.
- Buy iPhone 4 (Please, honey?)
- Complete a Bible study.
- Join a book club.
- Take a cooking class.
Blog / Online
- Finish the blog redesign along with You Tube, Twitter, About.Me and new blog cards. (In process. Almost complete.)
Launch a new web series. Get that big content idea off the ground. Land a really cool partnership. Nab a cool guest post opportunity or meet a blogger that I’ve always admired.
Fitness Goals (I admit it… totally sucking at this)
- Lose that 15 pounds.
- Run the Baltimore marathon.
- Finish a Body-For-Life round.
- Try Yoga.
Join the board of directors or take a leadership role in an organization.
- Finish decorating my office.
- Find an organizational system that works perfectly for me. (Nearly conquered)
Do something outside my comfort zone.
- Write a white paper.
- Land a speaking engagement.
Attend a conference or take an online course in my industry.
- Take each boy on a special day alone.
- Run a 5K with one or both of the boys.
- Spend a romantic night away with my husband.
See a musical, play or performance. Take the boys to New York. Go to a theme park.
- Call my sister(s) every week.
- Have tea at a tea room with my mother and sisters.
- Take a family hike.
You’ll notice that the sections that have THE LEAST AMOUNT accomplished are personal. Interesting, isn’t it? Is that just a “woman thing” or is it a “parent thing?” Why is it so hard for me to get a damn pedicure to try yoga?
I’m still holding out hope that I will be able to accomplish all of these goals. Fingers crossed!